Buy at Auction
We want to make your experience at the auction enjoyable and easy to understand. Below are some tips that will help you to buy property at the auction.
- Go to www.terryhowe.com and click on the property (or properties) that interest you.
- Read the information about the property and look at all of the photos.
- Watch the video. It has even more information about the property.
- Download the Contract Package. This package contains terms and conditions for the auction, sample contract, disclosures, tax maps, and more.
- Visit the property during the inspection time.
- Register early!
- The auction registration system requires a credit card. Your card will be authorized for $1.00, but no money will actually be charged to your card to bid. It is used for identity verification purposes only.
- If you do not have a credit card, please contact us early to discuss alternate arrangements.
- Place a bid while the prices are low to become familiar with the online bidding system. We do not want you to have problems later!
- You will not win, if you do not bid. If the price seems reasonable, BID NOW!
Some frequently asked questions:
What are the terms for the auction?
The terms are set before the auction. They generally include registration procedures, closing dates and the required deposit. This is done to ensure that all buyers are competing fairly and equally. These are available by downloading the Contract Package.
Can I see the property before the auction?
Most properties will be open for inspection, unless otherwise noted. Property video tours are also available for some properties. Be sure to see the property’s listing details for specific times for each property.
What kind of information is available about the property?
A Contract Package is provided for each property. Included are: terms, plats, tax maps, seller disclosures, agency disclosures, lead paint disclosures, termite letters, home inspection reports, and more. The Contract Package should answer most of your questions about the property, so that you can make an informed decision.
How do I register for the auction?
At the top of any page, click on the red link labelled “Register to bid.” Then follow the instructions.
Does the property have insurable title?
Many properties are offered with insurable title, free of any back taxes, mortgages, or other liens; however, some are sold quitclaim deed only, such as properties acquired by tax deed. Read the Contract Package for specific details about each auction.
Please do not wait until the last 10 minutes before the auction closes to register and place your first bid. If all of your information is not correct, the system may not let you bid.
If you have problems during the registration process, we want to be able to assist you. Sometimes it may take several minutes to help you, and you may not have time to place your bid, if the bidding is about to close.